Message error: "could not contact license server"

flavio_traducciflavio_traducci Member Posts: 1 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help

Hi, I installed rapid miner studio but when I try to run the application a sign up screen appears. After tipying the required information the software gave me the message I wrote in the subjetc. Any idea of what is going on?.

Regards,

Flavio

Answers

• patrikstaspatrikstas Member Posts: 1 Contributor I

I have exactly the same issue right now. Can't use rapidminer

• fritz35fritz35 Member Posts: 5 Contributor I

Yeah, ı am getting the same error message, after updating to version 7.2, does anone knows the solution, i even changed my password but still couldnt log in.

And so i cant use the rapidminer studio too, and the program closes itself.

• junethingjunething Member Posts: 2 Contributor I

Similar issue with "Cloud server".  I can't connect to the cloud at the moment.   They may have some technical issue at the moment.  =(

• zprekopcsakzprekopcsak RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 47 Guru

We had an expiring certificate this weekend and some servers were affected for a while. Can you please try again and let us know if you still see any issues? Sorry about the inconvenience.

Thanks,

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Learner III

Hi Flavio,

have you been able to contact the license server? We had some certificate issues over the weekend but they should have been fixed by now.

Cheers,

Nils

Thanks, there is no error now.

• studentenfeeststudentenfeest Member Posts: 1 Contributor I

Hi Nils,

I've got the same error message (Could not contact license server) when I try to login when I'm using my work laptop. When I login at home this does not happen. I've got version 7.2.003 at work and 7.2.001 at home. Maybe thats why? Or maybe it has something to do with a firewall or some other security measure? Can you tell me how I can login when I'm using my work laptop?

Thanks in advance for your help.

(Also) Nils

• mmichelmmichel Employee, Member Posts: 129 RM Engineering

Hi all,

RapidMiner Studio does not require an internet connection and as consequence you can use RapidMiner Studio without having an active conntection to the license server.

Just follow the steps below to get Studio running without contacting the license server:

1. Studio starts for first time, click on I've already an account

01.PNG

2. Click on manually enter a license key

2.PNG

3. Enter the license manually 

03.PNG

If you don't have any license, just register/ login on https://my.rapidminer.com/nexus/account/index.html to retrieve a free license key.

Cheers,

Marcel

• ciya433ciya433 Member Posts: 1 Contributor I

Thank you so much. This really helped me