Cannot connect to Rapid Miner Cloud

TopherTopher Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited August 2020 in Help

In Studio 7.2.002 (Windows version), I go to menu option "Cloud" - "Log In" and get an error, saying it cannot connect.

Is anyone else having this problem?  What could I do?  I restarted RM, but the problem continued.  My internet is working.

Thanks.

Tagged:

Answers

• junethingjunething Member Posts: 2 Contributor I

It seems to be down since 10 hours ago.  My account also has same issue.  Once its up, I'm going to make a copy in local repository...

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Learner III

Hi Topher,

sorry about that. It looks like our SSL certificate has expired and we forgot to update it for the Cloud Repository loadbalancer.

The Cloud Repository is up and running again and we have added one more item to our certificate renewal checklist.

Best,

Nils

• suleymansahalsuleymansahal Member Posts: 27 Contributor II

There have been problems in cloud connection for the last couple of days. Is it reliable to store our primary files on the RM cloud?

Secondly, if we are working on a file stored on the cloud and unable to save our changes on the cloud and copy it to local repository since we cannot reach cloud, how should we proceed? Recently I lost decent amount of change I made.

• mmichelmmichel Employee, Member Posts: 129 RM Engineering

Hi suleymansahal,

the RapidMiner Cloud is backing up the user data, so your processes and data sets should be safe in this regard.

The recent downtime of the Cloud should be an exception and hopefully should not happen again.

Cheers,

Marcel

Thank you Marcel. Even a small cloud storage helps a lot.