Options

RapidMiner + R extension - Some WARNINGs.

abehera1992abehera1992 Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help

I am having issues w.r.t to output generation from the operators that I have. Though my table is producing result, but, going back to design tab the operator is throwing a warning that the input is not passed. I am using a R-Script inside my operator to run the process. On multiple runs, alternate operators are producing results and some are not. But, in the table, I am able to produce the result. The data being fed is huge given 160 columns of attributes. Is it a performance bottle neck or some bugs in RapidMiner studio? Kindly help!!!

Thanks,

Abhishek B.

Best Answer

• Options
    Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted

Could just be a meta data warning if you are getting the results you want.  RM operators have the coolness of passing meta data through out the process. When you use the Execute R/Python operators, the meta data doesn't automatically propograte through because of the data table translation between RM and R.

You can do this but it requires a few extra lines of R code.  Check out the tutorial process in the Execute R operator for meta data. Just highlight the operator, right-click, select Show Operator Info and look for the Tutorial at the bottom of the window.

Answers

• Options
    abehera1992abehera1992 Member Posts: 3 Contributor I

Thanks T-Bone! Upon checking with your given solution, I verified that the operators are handling the meta data. But, some operators are showing a warning - "No data delivered at port. Execute operator to update meta data."  In my previous run, the same operator wasn't generating this warning. As and when, I am enabling the number of operators which contains r-scripts, this problem is arising. What could be a possible solution?

Thanks,

Abhishek B. 

• Options
    Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

Ah, that means the data that's expected at the port is not being delivered. Double check your workflow upstream to see if the data is making it's way to the port.