Options

databaseexamplesource

NersoNerso Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi! I tried to run decision tree operator with data that I extract from a mysql database, but rapid throw this error:
  Root[0] (Process)
  +- DatabaseExampleSource[0] (DatabaseExampleSource)
  +- DecisionTree[0] (DecisionTree)
P May 13, 2009 10:24:46 AM: [Fatal] OutOfMemoryError occured in 1st application of DatabaseExampleSource (DatabaseExampleSource)
P May 13, 2009 10:24:46 AM: [Fatal] Process failed: Java heap space

Root[1] (Process)
here ==> +- DatabaseExampleSource[1] (DatabaseExampleSource)
          +- DecisionTree[0] (DecisionTree)

How can I fix this?If it's possible to do so?
This is my .xml file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>
<process version="4.2">

<operator name="Root" class="Process" expanded="yes">
      <operator name="DatabaseExampleSource" class="DatabaseExampleSource">
          <parameter key="database_url" value="jdbc:mysql://......"/>
          <parameter key="password" value="......="/>
          <parameter key="query" value="SELECT `t_calles`.`idCalle` AS `t_calles__idCalle`, `t_calles`.`CodPostal` AS `t_calles__CodPostal`, `t_calles`.`Calle` AS `t_calles__Calle`, `t_calles`.`Calle_resum` AS `t_calles__Calle_resum`, `t_calles`.`otro_id` AS `t_calles__otro_id`, `t_calles2`.`id` AS `t_calles2__id`, `t_calles2`.`calle` AS `t_calles2__calle`, `t_municipios`.`idMunicipio` AS `t_municipios__idMunicipio`, `t_municipios`.`CodProv` AS `t_municipios__CodProv`, `t_municipios`.`CodPostal` AS `t_municipios__CodPostal`, `t_municipios`.`Municipio` AS `t_municipios__Municipio`, `t_provincias`.`CodProv` AS `t_provincias__CodProv`, `t_provincias`.`Provincia` AS `t_provincias__Provincia` FROM `t_calles`, `t_calles2`, `t_municipios`, `t_provincias`"/>
          <parameter key="username" value="xxx"/>
      </operator>
      <operator name="DecisionTree" class="DecisionTree">
          <parameter key="keep_example_set" value="true"/>
      </operator>
  </operator>

</process>

the database codpost is 9.23 MB or close.
thanks!!!!

Answers

• Options
    TobiasMalbrechtTobiasMalbrecht Moderator, Employee, Member Posts: 295 RM Product Management
    Hi,

the error already appears when you load in the data. It seems that you are loading to many data for the memory which is available in RapidMiner. You can see how many memory is available at the maximum in the memory monitor in the lower right corner of the RapidMiner window.

You can however increase the amount of maximal available memory in the file [tt]scripts/RapidMinerGUI.bat[/tt] (I am sure you will find the line you have to edit by yourself ;)) and start RM using that batch file.

Kind regards,
    Tobias