Select first n attributes from example set

qwertz2qwertz2 Member Posts: 49 Guru
edited November 2018 in Help

Dear all,

Is there an efficient way to select first n attributes from an example set? In my process I have reordered the attributes in ascending way. Now I want to proceed with just the first 5 attributes.

I was thinking of several combinations of "select attributes", "work ok subset", "branch", "loop attributes" but none of them worked.

Looking forward to any comments!

Best regards

Sachs

Best Answer

• qwertz2qwertz2 Member Posts: 49 Guru
    Solution Accepted

Wonder why I haven't seen this operator before but "remove attribute range" is the operator that solves my problem! It can be combined with "extract macro" to count the number of attributes first.

Answers

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist

Hi,

i would go for: Filter Examples (remove all), Transpose, Filter Examples Range (Select the atts you want), Transpose, Data to Weights. The result is a weight vector you can apply with Select by Weights to your original data set.

~Martin

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • qwertz2qwertz2 Member Posts: 49 Guru

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your help. That's indeed a good approach that could work but unfortunately not in my case. My example set has many many many attributes and just a few examples. Once I transpose the example set I exceed my license of 10.000 examples as there are even more attributes...

Best regards

Sachs