Text classification

nabilsalhinabilsalhi Member Posts: 8 Contributor II
edited August 2019 in Help
Dear all
How does RapidMiner and plugin text classify texts. I want to give the rapidminer a mixed texts as input  and to get texts distributed in folders as output . I used the training and testing examples which come with plugin text, but i don't know how testing example is working.

any help please

thank you

best regards

Answers

• landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    where exactly is your problem regarding the text plugin? Unfortunately the text plugin fills a complete two day training course, so that I cannot explain everything. In order to help you, you will have to be more detailed in your descriptions.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • nabilsalhinabilsalhi Member Posts: 8 Contributor II
    Dear Sebastian
    The problem is how to classify texts.

I know that to learn RapidMiner we put the texts in folders. So every folder presents a class.

Now i want RapidMiner to classify texts. I mean i want to give it  a mixed collection of texts. After classification where is the Rapidminer put texts. Or may be it writes something in a  text as a  label.

Please help me

Thank you

regards
  • landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    Usually RapidMiner does not write the texts back in files. After classifying, you have an exampleSet, containing the TermVector and a predicted label. You have to keep track of the text yourself, hence keep it in the exampleSet as a special attribute. After all, you could write the texts back into files. Since a more complex process setup is needed to achieve this, you should make yourself familiar with the various operators available for attribute handling, macro definition within the process and meta operators. If you played around a bit, you will see, how to  solve any related problem.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • nabilsalhinabilsalhi Member Posts: 8 Contributor II
    Hi Sbestian

Thank you for your help.

Do you know any tutorial or any resources to help me solve this problem.

Regards

Hi,
    have you already absolved the online tutorial available in the welcome screen?

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • RyujakkRyujakk Member Posts: 17 Maven
    Hi nabilsalhi,

Did you manage to solve your problem? If so, could you please post your solution?

Thank you!