Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

Cannot connect to rapid miner-server

maedmaed Member Posts: 5 Contributor II
edited December 2018 in Help

Hello

I set up RM server in an Amazon instance and I can connect to it through the web or within the RM Studio normally at home.

I tried to connect it to another RM Studio user I have at work but it pops an error regarding a license issue. Attached the error.

Please help me understand if it's a license or connection issue (firewall at work).

Thank you!

Tagged:

Answers

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

hello @maed - that is very hard to debug without knowing more about the configuration.   Firewall could be the issue if your AWS IAM is not set correctly - you could try pinging the server from work and see if you get a response.  Also make sure you have exactly the same version of RapidMiner at work as on the server.  They must be the same.

Scott

• maedmaed Member Posts: 5 Contributor II

Hi @sgenzer. Thanks for you answer.

The RapidMiner Server service starts and then immediately stops. It doesnt stay up even after several attempts.

I just don't understand where the problem is.

Any help is more than welcome.

Thanks

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

hello @maed - I'm sorry you're having this trouble  It's hard to figure out sometimes with cloud servers where the issue is.  Just curious - what size instance did you launch?  You need a bare minimum of 8 GB to run RM Server.

Scott

• maedmaed Member Posts: 5 Contributor II
    Hi @sgenzer

Actually I have the free tier of AWS which consists of a machine with 1GB of RAM and 30GB of storage. I used for the past 10 months with RM 7.5 and it worked. I am having problems since I upgraded to 7.6.

Probably you're right about the memory needed :).

Thanks for your answers

Wow that is very surprising that it was running with 1GB of RAM.  I usually run with a t2.large instance.

Scott