rename attributes in loop

jaybusiness86jaybusiness86 Member Posts: 8 Contributor II
edited March 2020 in Help

Hi Team,

I am looping operator, in the rename operator i set the old name as att2 and new name as text.

but while running the process, getting the error as "th attribute att2 specified in the old_name parameter does not exist in the input data."

Additionally, attached the screenshot,kindly have a look.

Answers

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

Is there a specific reason for you to do the renaming inside the Loop? Can you do it outside first?

• jaybusiness86jaybusiness86 Member Posts: 8 Contributor II

Hi Thomas,

I have updated the old name as att2 and new name as text,since the Read CSV operator returns default values for row names, when the first row of the file does not convey names of attributes.

I have attached the flow of connected  operator.

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

Ok, so your data file comes in with no header. Putting that Rename outside solves your problem then? 

• jaybusiness86jaybusiness86 Member Posts: 8 Contributor II

Could you please elaborate.

do mean to remove the rename operator?

• AndrewAndrew RapidMiner Certified Expert, RapidMiner Certified Master, Member Posts: 47 Guru

Help will be easier to provide if you include the xml of your process using the </> button.

Andrew

@jaybusiness86 wrote:

Could you please elaborate.

do mean to remove the rename operator?