"k-means clustering : bug in folder view (RM 7.6)"

lionelderkrikorlionelderkrikor Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 1,195 Unicorn

Good morning,

I created a process with a k-means clustering operator . On the results of the Cluster Model (Clustering), in the "Folder View",

when I click on a cluster folder and then on a "Id file xx", a dialog box is opening with the following text :

"This dialog shows detailed information about the example with ID xx.

No information available for object 'xx.x'" (where xx is the number of the Id - for example 15).

Can you help me ?

Thanks you,

Lionel

0 votes

Released · Last Updated

Comments

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

hi @lionelderkrikor - I'm getting the same weird message and moving this thread to Product Feedback.

Scott

• bhamornikbhamornik Member Posts: 7 RM Product Management

Hi @lionelderkrikor Thank you for this feedback.

Our teams started to investigate this in details and we will get back to you with the results as soon as we have it.

• bhamornikbhamornik Member Posts: 7 RM Product Management
  • Telcontar120Telcontar120 Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn
    I confirm that I'm seeing this problem as well--and I actually think it was introduced in an earlier version, perhaps 7.4 or 7.5.
    Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
    Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts
  • lionelderkrikorlionelderkrikor Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 1,195 Unicorn

Hi,

I confirm that it is a introduced bug : 

I learn to use RM while reading "Data Mining for the masses" (edited in 2012).

We can see in the concerned chapter a screenshot of the dialog box which was functionnal in this RM's version of the time (2012): 

In the dialog box we can see the value of the different attributes of the example which has the Id xx.

Regards,

Lionel

• lionelderkrikorlionelderkrikor Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 1,195 Unicorn

Hi,

I confirm that this bug is fixed in the new release version of RM (RM 8.0)

Thanks you for doing the necessary,

Best regards,

Lionel

• Balazs_HamornikBalazs_Hamornik Moderator, Member Posts: 4 Contributor I

We say thank you for contributing your feedback!

Best,

Balázs

• Balazs_HamornikBalazs_Hamornik Moderator, Member Posts: 4 Contributor I

fixed in 8.0