The operator class 'concurrency:parallel_decision_tree' is unknown

srvareysrvarey Member Posts: 5 Contributor II
edited December 2018 in Help

I am trying to create a java client which uses a simple decision tree

I have search for hours but found no explanation of the following error

INFO: <em class="error">The operator class 'concurrency:parallel_decision_tree' is unknown. Possibly you must install a plugin for operators of group 'concurrency'.</em>
Dec 16, 2017 12:31:54 PM com.rapidminer.io.process.XMLImporter parseOperator

INFO: Process //Local Repository/processes/hsr starts
Exception in thread "main" com.rapidminer.operator.UserError: The dummy operator Decision Tree (replacing concurrency:parallel_decision_tree) cannot be executed.

Its also not clear to me whether to use the lib files from rm studio or rm server. Tried both but still fails.

Can't find any documentation about writing java clients. Is there any? If not do you offer a consultant/developer to do say a 2 day on client site training?

Thanks

Stephen

Best Answers

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    Solution Accepted

moving to developer forum.

Scott

• srvareysrvarey Member Posts: 5 Contributor II
    Solution Accepted

This solved the problem....

Plugin.addAdditionalExtensionDir("C:/Program Files/RapidMiner/RapidMiner Studio/lib/plugins");
    Plugin.setInitPlugins(true);

I have posted anothe question "end to end java program"

I don't know if you can help

I would like a complete simple end to end java console program , where I can build the table in memory, apply a model and get the results - all in java. I know it must be possible as I have been browsing the source code. I just can't find any examples.

If you can provide something that would be so helpful

Answers

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist

Hi Stephen,

as you probably know RapidMiner follows an open-core strategy. This means that most functionality is publically available on github. A few pieces are not. These are the pieces of the functionality which are part of our commercial licenses. These are bundled in separate extensions which are separately loaded.

One of these extensions handles all parallel operators. Part of it are Loops, X-Validation and Optimize Operators but also our parallel trees and forests. This explains your error.

If you are interested in using them in Java applications we would be happy to have a chat with you on details. Just write me an email: mschmitz at rapidminer.com. I will connect you with the relevant persons in our organization.

Best,

Martin

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • GohGoh Member Posts: 9 Newbie
    How do I add this plugin?

Plugin.addAdditionalExtensionDir("C:/Program Files/RapidMiner/RapidMiner Studio/lib/plugins");
    Plugin.setInitPlugins(true);