end to end java project

srvareysrvarey Member Posts: 5 Contributor II
edited December 2018 in Help

I have a very simple classification gui project as show below.

I would like to implement this as an end to end java program

I have just figured out how to create an in memory table from java buts thats as far as I get.

I cant find out anywhere how to build this complete workflow in java

Is there an example java project or program which shows how to build all of this in java?

simpledecision.JPG

Tagged:

Best Answer

• srvareysrvarey Member Posts: 5 Contributor II
    Solution Accepted

Thank you for a detailed reply. Much appreciated

Answers

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

My guess is that you can ask for an OEM type of liscense OR use a RapidMiner Server to expose this as an REST API

• srvareysrvarey Member Posts: 5 Contributor II

No thats not what I want.

I want a standalone java console app.

with everything coded in the program.

i know it must be possible because I have seen the source code.

I just don't know how to glue all the components together in one program

eg.

Table train = create Table()

Table test = create Table()

Model m = new decisionTree()

Process p = create process(train, test, m);

p.run

p.getResults()

• zprekopcsakzprekopcsak RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 47 Guru
  • bhupendra_patilbhupendra_patil Administrator, Employee, Member Posts: 168 RM Data Scientist

Though  what you are asking for is possible, IMHO it is not the best way to utilize RapidMiner .  The web services integration is the better way to move forward

You will be able to expose any RapidMiner process as a webservice, allowing you to call process using standard GET/POST. This will help in several fronts,

• your process development will be faster since you will do it in GUI,
    • You can pass complex data, parameters, variables etc easily
    • The same process will work on server, so no additonal effort required there
    • You will use simple Web service interface over some custom JAVA Code
    • You can continue updating modifying process, without havin to recompile and rebuild allowing you more agile development. The webservices automatically look at the latest process definition.

Overall you will be building scalable solution and with lesser cost in short term and significantly less effort over long term,

This will also allow you to scale, since simply adding more capacity to server or even adding multiple servers under load balancers will let you scale easily.  Also RapidMiner server with all these features is free with limited RAM and CPU, so it is no cost to you to try out also. 

You can learn about creating web services here https://community.rapidminer.com/t5/RapidMiner-Server-Knowledge-Base/Rapidminer-Server-Create-Web-Services-from-Process/ta-p/31461

• bhupendra_patilbhupendra_patil Administrator, Employee, Member Posts: 168 RM Data Scientist

Additonally if you really dont want to use web services, check out thsi thread https://community.rapidminer.com/t5/Developer-Forum/automate-rapidminer-process-in-java-program/td-p/15542, which still is a better integration than coding everything from scratch