"Do you know how good your model is?" popup window continuously shows. How do I stop this.

b00065513b00065513 Member Posts: 1 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help

Help! How do I stop this popup window continously showing in RapidMiner 8.0.

See attached.

Answers

• yvescornetyvescornet Member Posts: 1 Contributor I

I have the exact same problem and it is driving me nuts. I have searched the settings, but I couldn't find any way to disable these messages. Does anyone have an idea ?

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

hello - sorry but those pop-up windows cannot be disabled.

Scott

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn
    Is that only for the Community version?
  • p_vangulickp_vangulick Member Posts: 1 Contributor I

These pupups make me crazy. Each time you surpress the message, the same appears again within seconds. This is barely workable. I use the community version.

• f_j_l_boermanf_j_l_boerman Member Posts: 1 Contributor I
    I have the same problem! Its driving my crazy, its a huge popup and hides part of the UI. can this please get fixed asap?
  • fbrandsefbrandse Member Posts: 4 Contributor I

Since this morning I have the same problem with this popup. You click it away but within seconds it appears again. This is not workable.  I hope rapidminer has a solution for this. If not I will remove rapidminer and start looking for another product.

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

hello all - thank you all for your feedback. I completely hear your frustration with the pop-up banners and have asked the dev team to see what they can do.  The purpose of the banners are there to help, not to annoy, so clearly there's an adjustment that should be made.  I really appreciate your thoughts and will see what we can do.

Happy holidays!

Scott

And just another thought as I see that you are all new users...what would you suggest would be a better way to get helpful information like this to new users?  The whole idea is to help new users get more proficient with RapidMiner. There's no alterior motive.  If you could channel your frustration into helpful suggestions, that would be great.  There may even be very cool RapidMiner t-shirts shipped to your door for the most helpful suggestions...  :)

[EDIT: @Thomas_Ott the banners are most frequent for new users but all users can get them with any license under certain circumstances.  I got a flurry of them the other day.  And no, don't even try to claim you're a newbie to get a t-shirt. :)   ]

Scott

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

@sgenzer you saw thru my plan!!!  Well anywho, I would be annoyed at that pop up window too. 

• KPLKPL RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 9 Contributor II

Here's a suggestion - just make it work the way it is apparently designed to. When user clicks "Maybe later", make it much later - not 2 seconds later! Also, if user clicks "Maybe later" 3 times, stop asking/displaying banner altogether for that user session.

thank you all!  Super fast action by the dev team today and it should be better after a Studio restart.  Please let us know if it's still a problem.

Scott