how to download tweets

Mustafa_AVDANMustafa_AVDAN Member Posts: 34 Contributor I
edited December 2018 in Help

Im gonna do sentiment analysis from twitter and ı need a train set . I gotta download some tweets ( maybe 1000 row) but ı dont know how.how can ı do this

Answers

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

Did you search the forums first or find the Search Twitter operator in Studio?

• Mustafa_AVDANMustafa_AVDAN Member Posts: 34 Contributor I

I have to find tweets with #tesla because ı will use it for sentiment analysis train set,I think I need min 1000 tweets , the Search twtitter operator in rapid miner,found max 90-100 tweets but ı need min 1000 tweets for my train set

• lionelderkrikorlionelderkrikor Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 1,195 Unicorn

Hi @Mustafa_AVDAN

Have you try to increase the parameter limit of Search Twitter to 10000 (for example)

Regards,

Lionel

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

You will be rate blocked after about 3,500 tweets in one shot . You need to make a process that will search and append your raw data file a few times a day or week.

• Mustafa_AVDANMustafa_AVDAN Member Posts: 34 Contributor I

hi @lionelderkrikor yes i have tried it but it didnt work ı guess ı have to save 100 tweets for 10 days .I have some questions if you tell me gmail I will ask some question , ı have a project about sentiment analysis but ı have some problem , ı need you help

• IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder

Please ask your questions here, not in private conversations.  This way others can learn from your questions and answers as well and find the solutions via Google next time somebody runs into this.  Just imagine how helpful this would have been for you :-)

Cheers,

Ingo

• JuanCarlosJuanCarlos Member Posts: 1 Contributor I

Hi Mustafa_AVDAN,

You can try to use some Twitter operator

1.PNG

Click Twitter operator

2.PNG

You can get information about From-User, Language, Source, Text, To-User, Retweet-Count. After added operator you can use store operator to save information in Local Repository or in a database.