"Malformed Repository Location error"

crusader_dynamicrusader_dynami Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
edited June 2019 in Help

Hi,

I am running RapidMiner on an ubuntu 14.04 machine and every time I execute the program, an error dialogue pops up saying "the repository location "--debug" is malformed. Repository location look e.g. like this //Repository/path/to/entry ". The program runs ok, nothing seems to be not working properly, but always seeing is kinda annoying, any suggestion on how to fix this issue?

Tagged:

Answers

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

hello @crusader_dynami - welcome to the community. Have you tried deleting that repo?

Scott

• crusader_dynamicrusader_dynami Member Posts: 3 Contributor I

Hey @sgenzer, thx for the hospitality.

What repository? where is it located? Is it really named "--debug"?

Oh, and if that helps, I executed the program using

sudo bash /usr/local/bin/rapidminer-studio/bin/RapidMiner-studio.sh

And that may well solve the issue, but if I run it from the launcher box, or the locked icon on the launcher bar(which I like to do it this way) this problem occurs.

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

hello - so RapidMiner Studio always created a "local repository" on the computer when it is installed. On a Mac and PC, it is located in your home folder as ".RapidMiner". In RM Studio, you should see "Local Repository" in your "Repository" panel. If you right-click, it will send you to the source location. You should be able to see what is going on from there.

Scott

• crusader_dynamicrusader_dynami Member Posts: 3 Contributor I

How exactly am I going to see what is going on there? Which directory should I be suspicious of?

couzhei@couzhei-lappy:~/.RapidMiner$ ls
    autosave licenses
    buildingblocks onboarding.properties
    cipher.key plugin.enterprise.config
    connections.xml rapidminer-studio.log
    cta.h2.db repositories
    eula.properties repositories.xml
    extension.recommender.properties secrets.xml
    extensions shared data
    gui.properties tutorials.properties
    history updatecheck.date
    lastversion usagestats.xml
    launcher.log vlperspective-predefined-design.xml
    license.properties vlperspective-predefined-result.xml
    couzhei@couzhei-lappy:~/.RapidMiner$ cd repositories/
    couzhei@couzhei-lappy:~/.RapidMiner/repositories$ ls
    Local Repository
    couzhei@couzhei-lappy:~/.RapidMiner/repositories$ cd Local\ Repository/
    couzhei@couzhei-lappy:~/.RapidMiner/repositories/Local Repository$ ls
    data Local Repository.properties processes.properties
    data.properties processes

hmm can you do $ls -al ?

Scott