Options

Centroid Table of KMeans in RM 4.5

ShubhaShubha Member Posts: 139 Maven
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi,

In RapidMiner 4.5, we get the "Centroid Table" as an output in the KMeans. Is there a way to get this table in an Exampleset, so that I can get a CSV file format of the centroids table?

Here's an example:
<operator name="Root" class="Process" expanded="yes">
    <operator name="ExampleSetGenerator" class="ExampleSetGenerator">
        <parameter key="target_function" value="simple polynomial classification"/>
    </operator>
    <operator name="KMeans" class="KMeans">
    </operator>
</operator>
In the previous version 4.4, i used to handle this by using the 'text view' which had the centroid values too. But in 4.5, this is not the case.

Thanks and Regards,
Shubha

Answers

• Options
    Hi,

Atleast for the KMeans we can somehow get the centroid values, if we have the cluster classifications. But I am more concerned with KMedoids....

Or do you think that I better stick to 4.4 and there is no way out in 4.5 as of now for the above question?

Thanks and Regards,
    Shubha
  • Options
    Hi,

Coming back to this again, can we handle this with the script operator   of 4.5 version?

I meant to say, I was just thinking if there is a way in the 'script' operator to extract the 'Centroids table' view of the output of the KMeans/KMedoids and then convert it into an exampleset. Since I am not very sure of the JAVA code in the script operator, I am thinking if the task can be handled in 4.5 version....

Thanks and Regards,
    Shubha
  • Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi Shubha,
    surely this can be handled with a script operator. This should be nearly the same code as if you would programm the same in pure java. Unfortunately we are currently under high work pressure from the release of the new RapidMiner and have no time to build such a new feature. If you really need this feature, ask for a quote. It shouldn't become to expensive, but it will get priority and be delivered in a few days...

Greetings,
      Sebastian