I used automodel, why is the model always reminding me there is root mean squared error?

tiwatiwa Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited June 2019 in Help
I used automodel, why is the model always reminding me there is root mean squared error?
Tagged:

Answers

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist

Hi @tiwa,

this is a common performance measure in data science. It is not an error in the way of "there went something wrong" but rather a goodness of fit. The lower this value, the better is your model. Just google for it with "regression" and you find plenty of ressources.

Cheers!

Martin

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • tiwatiwa Member Posts: 2 Contributor I

So is that means there is no problems with my opration, but my data fit not that well in the model?

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist

Hi,

There is indeed no problem. Your model might be perfect. Every model has an RMSE. You can use this to compare it to another model. The smaller the better.

Best,

Martin

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany