When I try to start a New Process, the app disappears from view and is unreachable - using Mac

glongglong Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited September 2020 in Product Feedback - Resolved

Hello,

When I try to start a new process after the rapidminer loading screen ends, the app disappears from view and cannot be viewed again.  If I exit and retry, the same thing happens.  This occurs whether I try to create a blank process or any of the other processes listed.  Any ideas on how to resolve this issue?

Tagged:
0 votes

Fixed and Released · Last Updated

9.4.1 IC-1580

Comments

• Pavithra_RaoPavithra_Rao Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 123 RM Data Scientist

@glong Could you please share the screenshot here? Also which OS you're using? Windows/Mac/....

Cheers,

• glongglong Member Posts: 2 Contributor I

There isn't a screenshot because the app disappears from view, while remaining in the application bar at the bottom.  It cannot be accessed again.  The OS is Mac

• Pavithra_RaoPavithra_Rao Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 123 RM Data Scientist
    Solution Accepted

@glong

On Mac with 8.1 RM version, it looks like Studio is crashed or closed abruptly, but turns out that it is only shrunken very much and moved to the bottom left corner of the screen.

Our development team is aware of this issue and are trying to resolve this bug in the next release.

Meantime this should help resolve the issue: 

Open RapidMiner, go to fullscreen mode, quit. On the next startup, it's in fullscreen for a second until the Getting Started Dialog pops up than it's minimized to 0px

Hope this helps,

Cheers,