Question about Data format in import data

lihengblihengb Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
edited December 2018 in Help

Hi guys,

I get a question on Data import wizard - step 4. There is a 'Date format' box, I want the Date format like 'yyyy-MM-dd', when I finish writing this, only get something like 'weekdays month, date, time, year', so how can I put the date format as I input in the box?

Thank you

Tagged:

Answers

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

@lihengb so a couple of things. You first want to set the format to what the date is currently set at THEN modify to the format you want. For example, if the date is set as 11/06/2018 in the date file, then during your import you specifiy MM/dd/yyyy. Then when it imports, it recognizes it as a date-time data format.

From there you can manipulate it using a Date to Nominal to make it dd/MM/yyyy or whatever format you want. 

• lihengblihengb Member Posts: 3 Contributor I

Hi Thomas,

1, so you mean, there are two steps to achieve my goal. 

First is input the data, with a date format it originally looks like.

Second,  manipulate the uploaded data, 

Am I right? 

2, for the date format, it is the data format the data is, not the data format I want, am I right

Thank you  

• lihengblihengb Member Posts: 3 Contributor I

Hi Thomas,

1, so you mean, there are two steps to achieve my goal. 

First is input the data, with a date format it originally looks like.

Second,  manipulate the uploaded data, 

Am I right? 

2, for the date format, it is the data format the data is, not the data format I want, am I right

3, is there any documentation about the differences between the 'real','numerical',' polynomial'.......

Thank you  

• Edin_KlapicEdin_Klapic Moderator, Employee, RMResearcher, Member Posts: 299 RM Data Scientist

Hi @lihengb,

Regarding your questions:

1. If you mean "Import as a nominal value then use Nominal to Date to convert it", then yes
    2. Correct
    3. see here https://docs.rapidminer.com/latest/studio/getting-started/important-terms.html#views-example (RapidMiner data types)

Happy Mining,

Edin

By the way:

When you look at Attributes with the a date related value type ("date", "date_time" or "time"), the value is always displayed like 'Mar 21, 2018 10:37:43 AM CET' (or only the date or the time - depending on your selection). 
    The internal representation of those values is numeric. If you want to have it displayed in a different way you need to convert it to Nominal using Date to Nominal where you enter the target representation you want to have.