Throws Exception and application close

sammydeprezsammydeprez Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help
After installing RapidMIner 4.5 I tried to open an excisting process, but after clicking the 'Open' button the application stops running and closes. I tried it with every 'Open' button but none of them works.

Does somebody haves a solution?

Kind Regards,
Sammy

Answers

• landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi Sammy,
    This problem probably does not arise from the usage of the wrong open button, but from the process you are trying to load. Could you be so kind to post it here? Then I would be able to check this error.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • sammydeprezsammydeprez Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
    The problem is i can't even select an existing process, I tried also to create a new one and then i want to save it, then the application just closes.
    Don't get any fileDialog

Rgds,
    Sammy
  • landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    as you might guess we already tried to open files and not very surprisingly we succeeded :) I don't know whats wrong on your side and without knowing an error message I cannot say anything. Perhaps something wrong with your files in the directory? Which operating system do you use?

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • sammydeprezsammydeprez Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
    Am using Windows XP Pro
    Don't get any error message  :(

UPDATE -->
    Its fixed, havent done anything but it works right now... strange

Thx for the help!
    Hi,
    I guess it had something to do with the files on your desktop. The filechooser always scans this files for icons, probably something was corrupt or otherwise unexpected...

Greetings,
      Sebastian