Loop model multiple times and record each individual outcome seperately

SHSguySHSguy Member Posts: 24 Contributor I
edited June 2019 in Help

Hi, 

Would like to run a model n-amount of times and record the results of each individual loop separately.
Screen Shot 2018-05-12 at 5.56.48 pm.png

However, when I try to do implement the model, please refer to the figure, it only saves one model run. Additionally, I would like to add an attribute that would identify which model run it is referring too? 

Please, no scripts if it can be avoided :)

Thank you 

Best Answer

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,507 RM Data Scientist
    Solution Accepted

Hi @SHSguy,

the trick you need to know is macros. Just use as a filepath for Write Excel something like

/Users/Martin/Results/MyFile %{a}.xlsx

%{a} will be replaced with the iteration of the loop. You can also use the macros which are provided by the loop itself (e.g. %{iteration})

Best,

Martin

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany

Answers

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

@SHSguy Wasn't this posted somewhere in the threads? Is this a duplicate?  Did you post your process and data set?

• SHSguySHSguy Member Posts: 24 Contributor I

Hi Thomas, 

The thread searches both manually and automated (on Rapidminer and Google) produced no indication of an existing one. Unless you have access to another search methodology besides reading each and every thread ever posted. There was also no mention of it on YouTube as could be identified via the YouTube search. Personally, and similarly to the Google and Rapidminer options I prefer to avoid manually reading/watching every thread or video ever produced.  If I did find a similar mention of it which resulted in a positive outcome in relation to my needs I would have avoided generating the graph affixed to my query and the compilation of the question and would have just implemented the provided solution. 

In addition, University guidelines prohibit me from sharing datasets publicly. The graph serves as the RM guide I have been utilizing. 

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

@SHSguy the reason I say this is because the image you posted is eeirly similar to the image from here: https://community.rapidminer.com/t5/Getting-Started-Forum/Network-model/td-p/49561

Ok, no data set. Then how about posting the process with some 'fake data' then?

Same process, the same person asking the question, different question. 

Hi Martin, 

Thank you for the advice, will definitely give it a try.