How to use Filter Stopwords (Dictionary) in rapidminer ?

ikayunida123ikayunida123 Member Posts: 17 Contributor II
edited June 2020 in Help

Hello! I'm quite new to rapidminer and now I'm doing a text mining project for my class's homework.

I want to know how to use Filter Stopwords (Dictionary), because I couldn't find any tutorial about it. I choose to use this operator because my language (Indonesian) didn't support by rapidminer.

I've read some other questions about Filter Stopwords (Dictionary) in this forum, but I don't really understand because they use the XML script. Honestly, I don't know anything about XML :catfrustrated:

Do I need XML text to use Filter Stopwords (DIctionary)? Or I just can use it by import the plain text (which has stopwords list) to rapidminer?

I need your help. Thank you!

Best Answer

• Telcontar120Telcontar120 Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted

You can just import a plain text file with the Filter Stopwords (Dictionary) operator.

Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
    Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts

Answers

• HyramHyram Member Posts: 39 Contributor II
    Hi. How do we exclude some of the stop words used by RapidMiner? I am happy with the current list but need to exclude only one or two words.
    Thanks
  • Telcontar120Telcontar120 Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn
    The easiest way would be to just create your own Stopword list (based on the RapidMiner list and removing the ones you don't want) and then use the Filter Stopword (Dictionary) operator.  There is no way to selectively use the lists for the other stopwords operators.

Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
    Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts
  • JaceJace Member Posts: 1 Newbie
    Hello everyone. This might be a stupid question, but where do you find this plain text file for the Filter Stopwords (Dictionary) operator? The parameters section for this operator is empty. Where do I find it or how can I import it? Thanks!