RapidMiner Studio Hangs on Launch "Initializing Plugin GUI"

tim_davistim_davis Member Posts: 5 Contributor I
edited December 2018 in Help

RapidMiner Studio 8.2 on MacOS 10.13.4

When I launch RapidMiner Studio, the program starts to load, but hangs on the step "Initializing Plugin GUI" and wont finish loading.  If I disable "Initialize Extensions" the the program will load, but obviously it will not have any extensions, including "Auto Model".  What is the root cause of this problem and how can I solve it beyond just disabling "Initialize Extentions"?  It does not seem to be related to any individual extension as if I disable all of them in the extension manager, it doesn't solve this problem.  

Tagged:

Answers

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member Posts: 1,960  Community Manager

hi @tim_davis - seems that one extension is causing the problem. You can enable / disable them one by one in the Extensions --> Manage Extensions" menu. I'd try there.

Scott

• tim_davistim_davis Member Posts: 5 Contributor I

That is not the problem.  I deleted all the extension I could in the manage extension dialog and that did not resolve the issue.  I mentioned this in my initial post.  

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member Posts: 1,960  Community Manager

oops sorry @tim_davis my error. In that case I would recommend making a backup copy of your .RapidMiner folder and then empty the folder completely out. When you restart RapidMiner, it will make fresh versions of all those files.

Scott

What is the normal path to this directory?  I can't seem to find it.

• lionelderkrikorlionelderkrikor Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 615   Unicorn

Hi @tim_davis,

the .RapidMiner folder is (by default) stored at the following location : 

C:\Users\Username

Regards,

Lionel

sgenzer

I deleted the directory /Users/"username"/.RapidMiner, but that does not seem to have changed the situation at all.  The behavior was exactly the same the next time I tried to launch RapidMiner Studio, and the directory was recreated during that launch.  

ok I'm starting to see what's going on here. You're starting this from the CL so that's already unusual. And the hang is not on an extension - that's all default stuff. Can you please send your rapidminer-studio.log file to me via PM?

Scott

• morrgraymorrgray Member Posts: 2 Contributor I

Hi, did you solve the problem? If yes, please share the solution.  I have the same problem. 

• daniel_sonnetdaniel_sonnet Member Posts: 1 Contributor I
    I have the same issue. Did you solve the problem? Thanks a lot. 
  • jczogallajczogalla Employee, Member Posts: 92   RM Engineering
    can you share your rapidminer-studio.log file? You can find it in your .RapidMiner user folder.
    Cheers
    Jan
    sgenzer