🥳 RAPIDMINER 9.9 IS OUT!!! 🥳

The updates in 9.9 power advanced use cases and offer productivity enhancements for users who prefer to code.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

connect to Hive database failed in manage database connection dialog

2131012221310122 Member Posts: 40  Guru
edited February 2020 in Help

I watched the video about how to connect to database in your youtube channel(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPwTgo_iJE8&index=8&t=0s&list=PLssWC2d9JhOZLbQNZ80uOxLypglgWqbJA)

Then I add a database driver "hive2" and add a connection to get my data.

1jpg2png3jpg

But when I click the button "Test", it cannot connect to my database and the error message shows like this:

4jpg

It seems to be something with the driver dependency. RM didn't find the right class to connect.

But I don't know why. I added hive dirver jar correctly.

Does anybody know the answer? Thanks a lot.

Best Answer

Answers

• 2131012221310122 Member Posts: 40  Guru

Hi,

I tried two ways and not one of them worked. 

1. connect the hive database using "manage connections" dialog. 

I added all hadoop-related dependencies as you suggested before and tried to connect it, but it showed "enabling autocommit is not supported."

I test the connection in my own code in case the dependecies is not ok and I got the right results. So I think it isn't the dependencies issue anymore.

1.png

2.connect to hive database using "Radoop Nest".

I used "Radoop Extension" and it showed another problem. This is the detail message:

https://community.rapidminer.com/t5/RapidMiner-Radoop-Forum/Could-not-initialize-class-org-apache-hadoop-conf-Configuration/m-p/51025

1.jpg

I really need your help.

• asmahassani08asmahassani08 Member Posts: 31 Contributor II

hello, could you tell me if you can resolve this problem? I have this same issue that I can't find a solution.

thank you.