Options

How add column in dataset

m_keshavarz_comm_keshavarz_com Member Posts: 28 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi, I want to insert data in a new column with a positive value in a column with a value of a column or attribute of a specified value. But do not know how Can someone help me create a new column and give it a value for another column? Thanks a lot

Answers

• Options
    kypexinkypexin Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 291 Unicorn

Hi @m_keshavarz_com

You should use GENERATE ATTRIBUTES operator for this. Using this operator, you may create new columns with values based on other columns for each example.

• Options
    Telcontar120Telcontar120 Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn

You could also use Generate Aggregation depending on what exactly you want to do in that additional column.  Sometimes that is more efficient than Generate Attributes.  You should look at the tutorial processes for both to understand the differences.

Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
    Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts
  • Options
    atamulewiczatamulewicz Member Posts: 21 Contributor II

Hi there @m_keshavarz_com

I'd check out some of our tutorial processes that cover these topics. This will give you a good foundation of RapidMiner. 

Here is the playlist. You can also find them on the website under "Training Videos."

Best, 

Allie Tamulewicz