Options

naive bayes weights

k_vishnu772k_vishnu772 Member Posts: 34 Contributor I
edited August 2020 in Help

Hi All 

I am using naive bayes alogirthm for my classification problem.I would like to know the most influential parameters in my input features.Could you please help me how to extract the weights from naive bayes.

Regard,

Vishnu

Best Answer

• Options
    Telcontar120Telcontar120 Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted

It would be the difference between "valid" and "not valid" (which I assume are your two classes).  Note that your model input attributes should be normalized first in order to make this comparison if they are numerical.

Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
    Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts

Answers

• Options
    Telcontar120Telcontar120 Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn

In the NB model output, there is a distribution table with the values for your classes.  Take the difference of those classes, and the ones with the largest difference generally have the highest weights.

You can also use the new "Explain Predictions" operator to explore more specifically the significant factors for individual cases and get a sense of model sensitivity.  That operator has a tutorial process available to understand how to use it.

If you have access to Auto Model, that also has a dynamic interface for exploring model factors.

Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
    Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts
  • Options

@Telcontar120  it is binary classification problem.For each categorical variables values i got some numbers as you can see in the attached screen shot. which values i neet to use for calculation?

• Options

@Telcontar120  it is binary classification problem.For each categorical variables values i got some numbers as you can see in the attached screen shot. which values i need to use for calculation?