Confusion about AML file formats

waymac99waymac99 Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help

Hi, I downloaded the code explained in chapter 24 of the Marcus Hofmann book "RapidMiner - data mining use cases and business analytics applications" It worked fine. It basically enables multiple data sets to be looped through multiple learning algorithms and the performance results compared. I then thought I would grab two of my xls files and subsitute them for the authors 2 datasets but immediately ran into a problem.

The authors datasets are in a ".aml" format, which I was not familar with, until I did an internet search.

My Question: Can I convert my .xls files into a .aml format easialy or should I just attempt to rewrite their code to handle my .xls files.?

Answers

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

@waymac99 the aml format is no longer supported, just use a Read CSV or Read XLS to load in your data

• waymac99waymac99 Member Posts: 2 Contributor I

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for bothering to reply, its most appreciated.

I have attached 2 screendumps showing the error I'm getting with the readXLS operator your suggesting and the parameter settings of the Loop Respository operator. 

The loop respository operator works well and reads the files in the respository directory, but I can't seem to be able process those files in any way.   I actually want to take the files then to - generate an attribute and set a role and then pass those results on to the code from chpt 24 of the book I mentioned.

Any suggetions welcome.

Kind Regards.   Wayne