Options

"Regarding SQL Query"

NancyNancy Member Posts: 9 Contributor II
edited May 2019 in Help
Hi,

I am newbie  to RM. How to analyse an excel sheet data  using SQL without connecting database. I tried it by using DatabaseExampleSource, but I think
there is no option available for excel in database_system paramater tab.Is there any option available for that.

Thanks,
Nancy
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    to my knowledge you cannot search Excel files using SQL with anyway. And to be honest: It doesn't make sense to me, too.
    What exactly are you going to analyze with SQL?

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • Options
    keithkeith Member Posts: 157 Maven
    An easier approach might be to use ExcelExampleSource to read the Excel workbook.  :-)

But if you really need to read the Excel file as a SQL source, you might try using the ODBC Bridge driver in DatabaseExampleSource.  I think this will require that an ODBC data source be configured that points to the Excel file (e.g. using ODBC Data Source Administrator under Control Panel->Administrative Tools) .  Once the ODBC data source is configured then you should be able to use the JDBC-ODBC Bridge driver in RapidMiner to connect.  I haven't tried this myself though.

Keith