features selected in training phase

mar_granimar_grani Member Posts: 1 Learner I
edited December 2018 in Help

Hi!

I have a question: I tried to train a Logistic model with AutoModel, but I don't understand how to see the features used in the classification (I suppose that not all the features were selected as usefull and some features were deleted in the training phase).

Thanks a lot!

Answers

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist

Hi @mar_grani,

i think the easiest way is to just add a break point before your learner.

Cheers,

Martin

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder

Martin is right, you could indeed open the process generated by Auto Model and place a breakpoint before the learner and execute the process.  You will then see exactly what the learner has used.  But this would actually be the same data which is shown in Auto Model under "General" - "Data".  The global importance of the features (independent of the model) is shown in "General" - "Weights" by the way.  Most models perform some form of feature selection in addition to how the data was prepared.  You can see the used features in each model's visualization (if there was any selection, otherwise all features have been used).

The next version of Auto Model will come by the way with more advanced ways of automatic feature selection and feature generation to further improve this.

Hope this helps,

Ingo