Options

Discriminant Analysis

smajumdarsmajumdar Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited December 2018 in Help

I wish to understand the output (from model port) of both LDA & QDA (Linear and Quadratic Discriminant Analysis) operators. When running on a small dataset (1 binomial label & 2 real number predictors), I'd expect some kind of coefficients but I get only apriori probabilities of the 2 groups represented by the binomial label. Am I missing something?

QDA.png 40.2K

Answers

• Options
    rfuentealbarfuentealba Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member, University Professor Posts: 568 Unicorn
    Hey @smajumdar, do you mind to share your XML process with us? Both LDA and QDA have two ports, and you have only one connected which is the mod port. Perhaps you want to see your data? For that there is the exa port but I don't see that in your picture.
  • Options
    rfuentealbarfuentealba Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member, University Professor Posts: 568 Unicorn
    Duh me! I forgot something too! Here is a full example of applying Quadratic Discriminant Analysis on my favourite dataset: the Titanic.

You are getting the model, but to get real insights, you should apply that model to some more data. In my case, once I apply the model on my unlabeled data, I get the "Survived" column as a prediction based in QDA.

Please find the example attached.

Hopefully this helps you solving your issues. Enjoy!

Rodrigo.
  • Options
    smajumdarsmajumdar Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
    Thanks buddy