read excel via the

pia_kuhnpia_kuhn Member Posts: 1 Learner I
edited October 2019 in Help

Hi,

I am trying to import an excel sheet as a process. I select the "read excel" operator an drop it into my desgin. Then, every time I want to run the "import configuration wizard" it won't work. Each time the "normal" data selection window pops up. 

Can anyone help me asap? I think I have installed all required components.

Thank you!!!

Tagged:

Answers

• rfuentealbarfuentealba Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member, University Professor Posts: 568 Unicorn

Hi @pia_kuhn,

Do you mind to post step by step screenshots of your process? The import configuration wizard works for me.

All the best,

Rodrigo.

• Telcontar120Telcontar120 Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn
    Also make sure you are not trying to connect the input port on the left of the operator.  This will typically override the configuration of the wizard.
    Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
    Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts
  • NadNad Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
    Hi all,

I have the same issue and I'm afraid it doesn't work out for me.

Best regards,
    Nad
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Learner III
    edited April 2019
    Hi@ Nad
    I had the same problem. I think you can import your data from the repository and if it doesnt help you it's better to put your excel in a folder and rename it and then use "read excel".
    My problem solved in this situation and I hope it can help you. :)
  • NadNad Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
    Hi @mbs
    thanks for your quick respond.
    Maybe I have not installed all required components yet. Do you know if I have to install a specific component?

Best regards,
    Nad
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Learner III
    edited April 2019
    Nad
    I'm not sure. But I think its better to use the last version of RM :)