RapidMiner 5 plugin

rcaublercauble Member Posts: 1 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help
I'm attempting to write a plugin for RapidMiner 5.0. I've attempted to take the plugin that I wrote for RapidMiner 4.6, rebuild against the latest rapid miner.jar. When I run, I see my plugin listed under "Help", but not under "New operator".

Here is my operators.xml that worked in 4.6 but not 5.0:

<operators>
<operator
name = "ExperimentalOperator"
class = "com.foo.rapidminer.example.ExperimentalOperator"
description = "my description"
group = "IO.Text.Filter"/>
</operators>

This the the manifest from my plugin:

Manifest-Version: 1.0
Ant-Version: Apache Ant 1.7.1
Created-By: 14.0-b16 (Sun Microsystems Inc.)
Implementation-Vendor: MyVendor
Implementation-Title: MyPlugin
Implementation-URL: http://www.foo.com
Implementation-Version: 1.0
RapidMiner-Version: 5.0
RapidMiner-Type: RapidMiner_Plugin

Is there anything additional that I need to declare? Is there any additional logging/trace that I can enable to see why my operator is not showing up in the menu? Also, is there an updated tutorial for 5.0 that I can refer to ( the latest I could find was for 4.6 ).

Thanks in advance.
Tagged:

Answers

• landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    the operators as well as the plugin mechanism has been extremely extended. Your old plugin simply won't work with the 5.x familiy without modifications on your operators and the plugin description files.
    We will publish a white paper, which will describe how to do that, but unfortunately there's a hell of work to do until that. We will announce the publication in this development forum, as soon as possible.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • radoneradone RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 74 Guru
    Hello,
    has been done any progress with this white paper? Any "hello world" like example would be great :-)
    I dont know why, but even as I have "RapidMiner-Type: RapidMiner_Plugin" included in META-INF/MANIFEST.MF, the RM at start reports that this plugin does not contain that plugin.
    Manifest-Version: 1.0
    Ant-Version: Apache Ant 1.7.1
    Created-By: 14.3-b01 (Sun Microsystems Inc.)
    Implementation-Vendor: Radim Burget
    Implementation-Title: My Plugins
    Implementation-URL: http://www.foo.de
    Implementation-Version: 0.5
    Specification-Title: My plugins
    Specification-Version: 5.0
    RapidMiner-Version: 5.0
    RapidMiner-Type: RapidMiner_Plugin
    namespace: myplugins
    Extension-ID: myplugins

• haddockhaddock Member Posts: 849 Maven
    Greets!

Indeedy, I am savouring this literary event right now, the included extensions work, and they've even put in a deliberate typo in the Groovy script to make you see how non-groovy scripts are ! So hurry down to your local Rapido store and get a copy while stocks last.  For those few that use the internet there is a virtual alternative, http://rapid-i.com/component/option,com_virtuemart/page,shop.browse/category_id,5/Itemid,180/. Gosh Ted, does it get any better than this?