Having trouble removing useless attributes for a College lab

ced57ced57 Member Posts: 1 Newbie
edited November 2018 in Help
This is what i am trying to do:

The output from GetPages contains many attributes that are unnecessary for our work. Use Select Attributes to discard every attribute except URL and Document.

When i try and do this i cannot select the ones i want to keep and the dataset i am using are wiki articles

Tagged:

Answers

• lionelderkrikorlionelderkrikor Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 1,195 Unicorn
    edited November 2018
    Hi @ced57,

"i cannot select the ones i want to keep" ==> what is exactly your problem ?
    If the attributes of your dataset don't appear in the Select Attributes operator's dialog box, 
    you can follow these steps :  

I hope it helps,

Regards,

Lionel
  • Telcontar120Telcontar120 Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn
    This is another metadata propagation problem.  It is annoying, but not insurmountable.  You can always type the names of the attributes you want directly as @lionelderkrikor shows.  You can also use another trick if there are only a couple of attributes you want.  Use the Set Role operator to give each of them a special role, then use Select Attributes and leave it blank, but use the "invert selection" operator.  This should get rid of everything except your special attributes.
    Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
    Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts