Options

regarding association rule mining

apzhoneyapzhoney Member Posts: 3 Newbie
edited January 2019 in Help
hi.. im completely new to rapid miner. i would like to know if association rule mining with apriori is possible with rapidminer studio

Best Answer

• Options
    IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Solution Accepted
    Hi,
    Yes, it is.  You can use the operators "FP-Growth" in combination with "Create Association Rules".  If you type "Associations" into the operator search bar you will find those operators as well as other helpful operators for this.
    Hope this helps,
    Ingo

Answers

• Options
    thank you very much.. :):):) Will i be able to get the time and space used up by the algorithm while running against the dataset provided by me?
  • Options
    sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    hi @apzhoney - if you mean tracking the computer resources, yes. Just go to View -> Show Panel -> Resource Monitor:

Scott
  • Options
    Sir , what i'm looking for is the Execution Time and memory taken  by FP-growth algorithm to generate the rules. Is that possible with rapidminer?
  • Options
    ZaynZayn Member Posts: 1 Newbie
    You can try use the operators "FP-Growth" in combination with "Create Association Rules"
  • Options
    sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    @apzhoney so for execution time, I would suggest using the Log operator before and after your FP-Growth and grabbing the timestamps. Or you can simply examine the log files that are automatically generated (Views -> Show Panel -> Log). As for memory usage, there is no way to easily see this on an operator-by-operator basis from the front end for lots of reasons....

Scott