Options

Hello,

sravya_bhimavarsravya_bhimavar Member Posts: 1 Newbie
Can someone help me with the image recognition process using RM?

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    hello @sravya_bhimavar - welcome to the community. Unfortunately only image recognition tools that have ever existed for RapidMiner are a bit out of date (see http://www.burgsys.com/image-analysis-software.php). However you could easily take advantage of any number of image processing APIs from within RapidMiner and then process the results.
  • Options
    MaerkliMaerkli Member Posts: 84 Guru
    The IMMI (IMmage MIning) extension is mentionned in the book "RapidMiner Datamining Use Cases and Business Analytics Aplications" by M.Hofmann & R. Klinkenberg. Chapter 20. I suppose that this extension is no longer available and there is limited information about it. Scott can certainly correct me if I am wrong.
    Maerkli
  • Options
    sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    @Maerkli you're absolutely correct. Burgsys created this extension years ago and recently just decided to make it open-source and no longer work on it. I will say that our research team in Dortmund, Germany has been playing around with it to see how much work it would be to bring it up to speed. I will let @David_A chime in if he wants to shine more light on this.

Scott

• Options
    MaerkliMaerkli Member Posts: 84 Guru
    David & Scott, merci pour l'information.
    Maerkli
  • Options
    David_ADavid_A Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RMResearcher, Member Posts: 297 RM Research
    De rien.