Options

"Need help on how to replace an example set with descriptions using Replace (Dictionary)"

Dataprep101Dataprep101 Member Posts: 2 Newbie
edited May 2019 in Help
Need help on how to replace an example set with descriptions using Replace (Dictionary).The example set has attributes with alphanumeric codes. I have an excel spreadsheet (csv format) that has descriptions of the alphanumeric codes(e.g. A11, A12, A13, etc.) that I want to replace. What step by step approach can be used to replace all the alphanumeric codes with descriptions from excel table automatically. I am working on replicating the example on chapter 4, pg. 78 of Predictive analytics and data mining textbook but got stuck on replacing the alphanumeric codes in the example set with the descriptive values in excel. I appreciate any help. Thanks

Best Answer

• Options
    lionelderkrikorlionelderkrikor Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 1,195 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted
    HI @Dataprep101,

The attributes names in your dictionnary and the attribute names you set in the Replace (Dictionnary) operator parameters must be the same :

Hope it helps,

Regards,

Lionel 

Answers

• Options
    MaerkliMaerkli Member Posts: 84 Guru
    Hallo Dataprep,

When you import your CSV file into RM Data repository, you have under Format your columns step the possibility to rename your columns.
    Bonne chance,
    Maerkli

• Options
    Dataprep101Dataprep101 Member Posts: 2 Newbie
    Thanks Lionel. It worked.
  • Options
    MaerkliMaerkli Member Posts: 84 Guru
    Bravo Lionel!
    Maerkli