Options

Is there a place to find guidance for a college class assignment?

NatalieCNatalieC Member Posts: 2 Newbie
I was given an assignment in my Data Mining & Analysis course at college, but was not given any guidance or instructions.  If I haven't had luck with the tutorials, is there somewhere else I can find help?

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    rfuentealbarfuentealba Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member, University Professor Posts: 568 Unicorn
    Hi @NatalieC, and welcome to the RapidMiner Community,

As long as you don't ask us to do your homework, and as long as you use RapidMiner to solve your questions, here is the right place to ask. A lot of us are data scientists, so if you want to discuss stuff like "getting the best k for a k-Means algorithm" (*), we will probably know the answer or how to figure it out, and that would be a good exercise in itself.

As a former University Professor, I can suggest you the following:
    1. A big part of data mining and analytics is, to my knowledge, performed using a methodology named CRISP-DM. I suggest you to research that, try to solve your problem on your own and come with specific questions when you get stuck.
    2. Beware that posting material that belongs to your institution might be against the rules imposed by that institution. Please refrain from posting that material without permission or consultation.
    3. RapidMiner tutorials are mostly aimed at people who already know what problem needs to be solved but they need the how. Don't just watch the tutorials, try to do stuff by yourself.
    Mr. @sgenzer is the mastermind behind the Community, and he is known for reporting students who ask other people to do their homework. I'm quoting him here to make sure you begin with the right foot.

That said, there are very capable professionals in this community and they are totally willing to help you.

Welcome to the community again,

Rodrigo.
  • Options
    rfuentealbarfuentealba Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member, University Professor Posts: 568 Unicorn
    Ah, and about the answer to "getting the best k for a k-Means algorithm": there is no correct answer to that, but it is indeed a common question even if you try to solve it by hand.
  • Options
    NatalieCNatalieC Member Posts: 2 Newbie
    I'm not looking for someone to do my homework for me.  I'm looking for guidance only.  My professor wasn't even able to assist me, all he was able to do was send me some screenshots to try and mock.  I can get mine to look like the screenshot, but it still doesn't produce any results.  Here is where I'm at: I have uploaded the CardiologyMixed.xlsx and was able to the role operator just fine.  I added the apply model and performance vectors, but when I run it no results are produced.  There is clearly a step I am missing, but without instructions I do not know how I am supposed to figure out the step.
  • Options
    Hi @NatalieC.

Do you mind to write me a private message and send me your data and your process over there? Let’s see what happens. I promise to post the results of the problem over here then.

All the best,

Rodrigo.