Options

"Feedback on RapidMiner vs. Python comparison"

mlg1988mlg1988 Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
edited May 2019 in Help
Hello everyone,

I made a comparison between RapidMiner and Python for Data Science.
I share an image with this post. I started using RapidMiner only recently, I was using mostly Python so far,
so any feedback is welcomed. Thank you.

RM_P.png 185.5K
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    varunm1varunm1 Moderator, Member Posts: 1,207 Unicorn
    Hello @mlg1988

The comparison looks great. I think you can add this community which is very helpful in "get help as you work" as this is a dedicated community that is quick in answering user questions and concerns.

Also, the "knowledge level needed". In my view python needs medium coding experience whereas RM needs a conceptual understanding of how things work as rest is drag and drop operators. This can also be stated as ease of use.
    Regards,
    Varun
    https://www.varunmandalapu.com/

Be Safe. Follow precautions and Maintain Social Distancing

• Options
    IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    edited March 2019
    Fantastic comparison indeed!  In addition to what the others have said already, I would like to add a couple more points:
    • It looks like you focused mainly on RapidMiner Studio and within that the process designer.  And I would agree that this certainly is the key part of it so that makes a lot of sense.  In case you want to extend this a bit, there are some other elements of the platform which I personally think may be relevant to your comparison:
      (1) RapidMiner Server - relevant for "project sharing" (shared repositories) and collaboration (allows multiple users to work on the same project including access rights management etc.);
      (2) Auto Model - relevant for "get help as you work", let's users quickly do some prototyping and allows model building even without process design (but full processes are created in the background)
    • On "programmability": you may want to add that you can also integrate scripts written in Python, R, Groovy, or Java in addition to the extension writing.
    Sorry if some of the above sound a bit like marketing, but, you know, I may be a bit biased :D My main point though is that, as a platform, there a couple of other elements which I personally think may be important to consider.
    Hope that helps and I think it would be awesome if you could share the final result with us.  I think many people will find it very helpful to understand when to use what.
    Best,
    Ingo