Options

Python Code

Gokz123Gokz123 Member Posts: 6 Newbie
edited June 2019 in Help
Can i import data through python code in rapidminer rather than imoorting it directly through import data button in rapidminer. if so can anyone pls provide the code ? 
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    hughesfleming68hughesfleming68 Member Posts: 323 Unicorn
    edited March 2019
    You should be able to do it without problems but data import in Rapidminer is one of it's strong points. What kind of file are you trying to import? With a csv file there are two ways. You can use import csv or with pandas. You will have to convert to a data frame to get the data back into Rapidminer which also means learning about data frames! There are lots of examples on the net for all these functions. I would only consider doing this if you are trying to import data in a format that is not supported by Rapidminer directly. It is much easier.
  • Options
    Gokz123Gokz123 Member Posts: 6 Newbie
    its csv file sir.sir am doing predicting student performance using data mining.can u pls send the code.
  • Options
    rfuentealbarfuentealba Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member, University Professor Posts: 568 Unicorn
    Hi Gokz123,

Install the Python Scripting Extension. When you add a new Execute Python operator, you will have some boilerplate code that lets you open a CSV. However, as @hughesfleming68 said, you can do that easily with the Read CSV operator from RapidMiner.

I found a few cases where I had to import CSV data on streaming from an obscure protocol (not HTTP), and I think you may have this use case, so here is a picture of how the code should look like. But bear in mind that very few of us found this use case valid, hence I insist: use the Read CSV operator.

All the best,

Rodrigo.
  • Options
    sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    hi @Gokz123 just curious - why would you import data with Python rather than with RapidMiner? What are the advantages here?

Scott