Options

With the "Read Excel" operator, how can I make it read only the visible cells?

PrenticePrentice Member Posts: 66 Maven
Say, my Excel sheet has a couple of hidden cells that I don't want to be in my process, can I make it so that RapidMiner doesn't account for these?
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    Telcontar120Telcontar120 Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn
    You can omit certain columns from being read in by deselecting them as part of the import wizard.  And if you have a few header rows at the top they can also be omitted.  But there isn't a way to skip individual cells, you would have to deal with those after import within RapidMiner using some other logic.
    Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
    Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts
  • Options
    But when using the "Read Excel" operator, there is no import wizard to omit these. Is there an other operator that is able to detect hidden rows or columns or is this only possible when importing the excel file via the repository?
  • Options
    Ah ok, well thanks for that clarification. Also thanks for answering a lot of my questions, you've been really helpful
  • Options
    Telcontar120Telcontar120 Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn
    No, as Ingo said, you are better off simply importing the whole sheet and then removing the unwanted elements later by using Select Attributes and Filter Examples or other similar approaches.
    Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
    Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts