RapidMiner Server - Merge Attributes Error

MarkusMarkus Member, University Professor Posts: 6 University Professor
edited June 2019 in Help
I am running a process that includes the 'Merge Attributes' operator which runs fine in Studio but causes the following error when run on the server:
Error in executed process
The 'Merge Attributes' operator in the process executed by 'Execute impact' failed with: The dummy operator Merge Attributes (replacing operator_toolbox:merge) cannot be executed.
Process[1] (Process) subprocess 'Main Process' ==> +- Execute impact[1] (Execute Process)
This error needs to be fixed before the current process can run.
Tagged:

Answers

• BalazsBaranyBalazsBarany Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert Posts: 955 Unicorn
    Merge Attributes is coming from the Operator Toolbox extension. You need to put the extension on the server to be able to use the operator.
  • MarkusMarkus Member, University Professor Posts: 6 University Professor
    Thanks. I've added the jar file to the server together with the other already installed extensions. I also restarted the server but the operators are still not showing up. Did I forget to do anything else?
    Also, the process runs on the server when initialized but not when it is initialized in as a web APP.
  • kaymankayman Member Posts: 662 Unicorn
    Did you also add the extension to you job agent folder? 
    Yes, even though the documentation states that the extensions are automatically synchronized. I can run the process via the server repository but not via the initialize process in the web apps section.
  • SGolbertSGolbert RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 344 Unicorn

I have my extensions running by putting all the extension files in two locations:

• %PATH_TO_SERVER/home/resources/extensions/
    • %PATH_TO_SERVER/home/job-agent-home/resources/extensions/
    As you say, this shouldn't be necessary, but better safe than sorry ;)

Regards,
    Sebastian