Options

Logging operator executions

nico_timotiusnico_timotius Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
Hi RapidMiner Community,

I've managed to deploy my process into a web service using RapidMiner Server. I think it will be beneficial if the web service can have a log just like a log4j. I am thinking to create a log for the web service so it will show something like this

INFO [2019-03-29 14:55:56] Start A Prediction Process
INFO [2019-03-29 14:55:56] Input Data : {AAAA,BBBB}
INFO [2019-03-29 14:55:56] Preprocess the data
INFO [2019-03-29 14:55:59] Load Model
ERROR [2019-03-29 14:55:59] SomethingWrongWithTheModelException
INFO [2019-03-29 14:55:59] End A Prediction Process

I think it will be helpful to solve issues found if the web service used in a production environment. I am aware there are log related operators such as Log, Log to Data but it can only manage to capture one information from an operator.

Do you have any suggestion of ways to achieve that kind of need?

Thank you

TN

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,507 RM Data Scientist
    edited March 2019
    Hi, 
    i think Print to Console is the operator doing what you want. We use also log4j if i see this correctly for our own logging. You can also use the logging system with execute script. Just do
    <div><br></div><div>operator.getLog().log(String message, Integer Level) </div>

for this.

Best,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • Options
    Hi Martin,

Thanks for the answer. I don't think i managed to use the mentioned operator properly. Is there any tutorial? I can't find the tutorial on the operator.

Best,

TN
  • Options
    Hi Mr Ingo and Mr Martin,

Thanks for the help. What a great community :smile:

Best Regards,

TN