Options

Building RM5-beta

steffensteffen Member Posts: 347 Maven
edited November 2018 in Help
Hello RapidMiner Team

I just downloaded RM 5.0 - beta community edition and imported it into eclipse to build it:

The following error messages occur:

Description Resource Path Location Type
Project 'rapidminer-5.0beta' is missing required source folder: 'src_generated' rapidminer-5.0beta Build path             Build Path Problem
The project cannot be built until build path errors are resolved                          rapidminer-5.0beta Unknown             Java Problem
This project needs to migrate WTP metadata                                                     rapidminer-5.0beta P/rapidminer-5.0beta ModuleCore Validation Marker
I am running eclipse Ganymede java suite on a windows xp machine. The eclipse setup is clean, i.e. I recently reinstalled all of my programs and hence my eclipse does not contain any plugins.

What needs to be done ?

thanks in advance

Steffen

Answers

• Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi Steffen,
    RapidMiner 5.0 contains some code generated from webservices. This is not part of the usual source directory src, instead we have a special directory called src_generated for this purpose. Unfortunately we forgot to include it in the ant script building the release, so it simply is missing.
    I changed the build file so that the final release comes with the complete source code. Of course we will email you the missing code, if you need it now.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • Options
    steffensteffen Member Posts: 347 Maven
    Hello Sebastian

Well, that is service  :D.

I just wanted the code to play around a little bit with 5.0, but since the final release is coming soon (does it ? ;)), I can wait.

kind regards,

Steffen