Options

Setting a

abakerabaker Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited June 2019 in Help
Hi, I'm new to RapidMiner, so perhaps this is a silly question, or I'm missing an obvious detail.  My nomenclature may be off as well, hopefully I convey my issue.

For classification problems (let's say we're using Logistic Regression, Decision Tree, or another common approach), is there a way to have RapidMiner understand a specific class to be the "class of interest"?  That is, when I run performance operators, I'd like to be sure that my Sensitivity, Specificity, True Positive, etc. rates are all reported with respect to the focal class that I specifically identified.

Is there a specific Operator that allows for this?
Is there a "clever workaround" for dealing with this?
Something else?

Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    abakerabaker Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
    Thank you!  I was searching using any verbiage I could imagine, but "map" wasn't one I thought of, thank you very much!  Easy solution!
  • Options
    MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,507 RM Data Scientist
    Hi @abaker,
    9.3 has a new feature to explicitly state the positive class in Performance (Binominal). It is currently in Beta.

Best,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • Options
    sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    welcome to the RM community, @abaker :smile: