Options

problem in Nominal to numerical operator

omarnjomarnj Member Posts: 8 Contributor II
edited February 2020 in Help
Hello Everyone
I have a data contains numbers but its type is           “ nominal “ and I need to convert it to numerical for further processing.. 

When I use “ Nominal to numerical operator “ , it encode the data and I don’t need that bc my data is numerical ONLY its type .. 

So Anyway to keep the data the same but only changing the type ??

Please Help .. 
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    varunm1varunm1 Moderator, Member Posts: 1,207 Unicorn
    Hello @omarnj

You can change the attribute type when you are importing data, if you alreay imported then you can follow as below.

If the data is in RM repository, right-click on your data and click on edit as shown in below image.

Once you do that you will get a "Data Editor" window, here go to the attribute you need to change then right click and click on "Modify attribute".

Now in "attribute type" you can select "Numeric" from drop down. Then click "Apply" and then click on Save icon as shown in below image. Now, your attribute data type is changed to numeric. You need to drag and drop the data set into process again after saving it.

Hope this helps.
    Regards,
    Varun
    https://www.varunmandalapu.com/

Be Safe. Follow precautions and Maintain Social Distancing

• Options
    tftemmetftemme Administrator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, RMResearcher, Member Posts: 164 RM Research
    Hi @omarnj

You can also use the Parse Numbers operator. It changes a nominal attribute to a numerical numbers and tries to parse the nominal values to actual numbers.

Best regards,
    Fabian