Error: I can't import a process that I created from an education license

ajrisalvadorajrisalvador Member Posts: 7 Contributor I
I currently am integrating RapidMiner to my Java application, I already have a process but when I imported it through the open source version of RapidMiner it has error messages:

Can someone please help me? Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• varunm1varunm1 Moderator, Member Posts: 1,207 Unicorn
    Hello @ajrisalvador

I see that these messages are related to extensions. The process you might stored consists of extension like "text processing". Do you have same extensions that are needed by this process in the rapidminer you are trying to import?.

Thanks
    Varun
    Regards,
    Varun
    https://www.varunmandalapu.com/

Be Safe. Follow precautions and Maintain Social Distancing

• ajrisalvadorajrisalvador Member Posts: 7 Contributor I
    Hello @varunm1,

How can I add extensions? I can't seem to add extensions in this unlicensed/jar file version of RapidMiner.
    Also why can't I login to the development version of RapidMiner?ย 

For more info: I git cloned rapidminer-studio-core (https://github.com/rapidminer/rapidminer-studio)ย and imported it as a Gradle project to my own Java Project.

Many thanks,
    ajrisalvador
  • varunm1varunm1 Moderator, Member Posts: 1,207 Unicorn
    Hello @ajrisalvador

Sorry, I am not so sure how to do it. Maybe @David_A or @jczogalla can suggest something here.

Thanks,
    Varun
    Regards,
    Varun
    https://www.varunmandalapu.com/

Be Safe. Follow precautions and Maintain Social Distancing

Update: I may have found some additional info about this:
    May 26, 2019 11:41:19 PM com.rapidminer.tools.plugin.Plugin registerPlugins
    INFO: Register plugin: Text Processing
    May 26, 2019 11:41:19 PM com.rapidminer.tools.plugin.Plugin finalizePluginLoading
    SEVERE: Cannot load extension rmx_text: Depends on rmx_professional which cannot be found!
    May 26, 2019 11:41:19 PM com.rapidminer.tools.plugin.Plugin initAll
    INFO: Extension rmx_text could not be loaded successfully after 9ms.
    Now I tried to find rmx_professional in marketplace and no luck. Any help?

• David_ADavid_A Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RMResearcher, Member Posts: 297 RM Research
    Hi,
    rmx_professional refers to an internal extension that is shipped with a commercial license, so it's not available on the marketplace.

I need to check out more details on how you can integrate additional extensions in the open source version.

Stay tuned,
    David

• Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,993 RM Engineering
    Hi,

The Open Source version cannot integrate supported extensions. This would require an OEM license.

Regards,
    Marco
    Hi @Marco_Boeck,

Thank you for replying. I have an educational license. Is that different from an OEM licence?

Can I use my educational license in integrating to Java?

Regards,
    ajrisalvador
  • GPRGPR Member Posts: 1 Newbie
    Hi @ajrisalvador,

I have a similar problem, i.e. I cannot run a process created from the RM GUI due to it uses an external plugin (Text processing).

Did you get your problem fixed using the student license? Or it is necessary a professional/commercial license?

Thank you,
    Regards.