Hierarchical ward clustering

tmuehlenstaedttmuehlenstaedt Member Posts: 1 Contributor I
Hello,

I am trying to duplicate a cluster analysis I did in JMP in RapidMiner. My prefered method would be Hierarchical Ward clustering. I found that in RapidMiner "agglomerative clustering" is available in general, but not with the Ward linkage function. I found an old post, stating that Ward clustering was missed but might be implemented again (https://community.rapidminer.com/discussion/4992/ward-hierarchic-agglomerative-clustering/p1). Is that now a different operator? Or is Ward clustering still missing?

Thank you for a short information!

Tagged:

Answers

• IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    edited June 2019
    Hi,
    To the best of my knowledge, there is not direct support for the Ward linkage function in RapidMiner. Agglomerative clustering supports single link, complete link, and average link. I am not an expert for agglomerative clustering, so maybe one of those is actually equivalent to Ward but I would not know. There is of course always the option to run the clustering in R or Python by using the operator "Exectute R" or "Execute Python"....
    Hope this helps,
    Ingo