I am getting a bug when I am trying to run this process but I am unable to. Can you please help me

menonrmenonr Member Posts: 3 Newbie
edited September 2019 in Help

Answers

• David_ADavid_A Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RMResearcher, Member Posts: 297 RM Research
    Hi @menonr ,

what you see is a warning, because the Z-transformation can only be applied on numbers not on Strings.
    From your screenshot I assume, that you used the Nominal to Numerical operator to change the address from String to numbers and probably the meta data haven't updated yet.

In general transforming strings to numbers (for example with dummy encoding) can be problematic, as you now allow more transformations and comparisons that might not make sense. For example you can compare Street_1 and Street_2 and say they are equal or not. If you transform them to 1 and 2 then there is now a ranking as one value is bigger than the other.

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    @David_A I would probably submit that this bubble message is not human-interpretable by many. Maybe we can clean this up, @Marco_Boeck ? :wink: