Options

Why can´t I launch the rapid miner program

SergioyzSergioyz Member Posts: 4 Newbie
I´ve installed the program in my computer successfully and have confirmed my account, but form some reason the program just won´t launch...

Answers

• Options
    MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,507 RM Data Scientist
    Hi @Sergioyz,
    can you please check the rapidminer-studio.log? It is located in your user folder at .RapidMiner/rapidminer-studio.log .
    Best,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • Options

Thanks for the reply Martin, but I was not able to find the rapidminer-studio.log in my computer, let me try to giving you more detail on my issue to see if it helps. I downloaded the program successfully as mentioned, not without getting my account approved previously, once it was downloaded I ran and executed the program and at the end I checked the box that asks if I want the program to launch after closing the dialog window for the installation, but after closing it the program did not launch or open, so I then clicked on the direct access icon on my desktop, which was installed automatically after downloading the program, but I get the same result: nothing opens.

• Options
    MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,507 RM Data Scientist
    edited September 2019
    Hi,
    the log files are located under:

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\.RapidMiner
    if you are using Windows, or under
    /home/USERNAME/.RapidMiner/
    if you are using Mac/Linux. Without looking into these it is very hard to know what caused the error.

BR,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • Options
    sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    edited September 2019
    hello @Sergioyz - two quick things to try:

1. ensure that you downloaded the right version for your computer i.e. 32 vs 64 bit. Sometimes our site does not guess your architecture correctly and users download the wrong version. It is critical that you have the correct one or you will experience this exact behavior.

2. ensure that you did not install a version of Java higher than Java 8. RapidMiner does not run on Java 9 or higher.

Scot
  • Options
    Martin, I did look in the folder you are indicating, if you don´t mind please see attached file with screen shots  of what I have on my PC
  • Options
    Scot, I have actually already tried with the 32 and 64 options for windows, I got the same result, still can´t run the program. I´ve also ensured I have Java version 8 installed, not version 9.