Options

Installation Error

dkondkon Member Posts: 4 Newbie
edited September 2019 in Help
Hello guys,

unfortunately I am unable to install RapidMiner Studio as I am always getting the following error when I start the install.exe:
"Error! Can't initialize plug-ins directory. Please try again later"

I am running Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit. Can you help me please?

Regards

Answers

• Options
    MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,510 RM Data Scientist
    Hi @dkon,

can you please check the rapidminer-studio.log for error messages?

Additionally, can you make sure that you have read/write access for the the .RapidMiner folder in your user folder? And can you make sure that there is free disc space on this partition?

BR,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • Options
    Hello Martin,
    there is no rapidminer folder in my user folder and no rapidminer-studio.log in C:\Users\<username\.Rapidminer. Is it stored somewhere else? There is 137GB free space on my ssd.

Regards
    Dario

• Options
    MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,510 RM Data Scientist
    Mh, i would argue that is the problem? If you don't have a .RapidMiner folder, than we cannot find all the configs we need.

Any chance to reinstall RM to have the folder?

BR,
    Martin
    Dortmund, Germany
  • Options
    Hello Martin,

I didn't even install Rapid Miner yet :smile:  If I start the installation I am immediately getting the error which I described in my initial post.

Regards,
    Dario
  • Options
    Hi,
    are you sure you are allowed to run installers on your PC? We also write to C:\Program Files..?
    Cheers,
    Martin
    Dortmund, Germany
  • Options
    Hello Martin,

i did run the exe as administrator. Will try it on a different system.

Regards,
    Dario