Options

Preview Attribute data during cleansing?

mortizmortiz Member Posts: 20 Maven

Is there a way to preview the data as I am using the Select Attributes block? Right now, I have to run it, write down all the ones I don't want, then go back into Design and remove them from Select Attributes and then rerun it to make sure they are gone.

It would be much easier if we could see the statistics of the data, after an initial run, back in the Design tab so we can filter them out at that moment.

Answers

• Options
    rfuentealbarfuentealba Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member, University Professor Posts: 568 Unicorn
    Hey @mortiz,

What I normally do in this case is opening the "Data" panel in the bottom, so that I don't have to go back and forth. Notice that I normally don't work with CSV files without importing them into RapidMiner's Data Objects (to make sure I don't do anything destructive on my source CSV's), and that I normally expect attributes to be selected the way I need them from a database, so this might work for you too.

To open the Data panel, go to View > Show Panel > and check Data Editor. It will appear behind the Operators panel but you can move it accordingly.

Hope this helps,

Rod.

• Options
    MarcoBarradasMarcoBarradas Administrator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 272 Unicorn
    @mortiz also add the result history. Then you may be able to switch to the Statistics view of your Example Set.
    Another way would be working with the turboprep and seeing the statistics on the fly.